Personalization / Product in New York, USA
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for a data-minded Product Manager to join the Personalization Platform team. The Personalization Platform team builds models, tools, and data products to represent personalization, discovery, content relationships, and the APIs to serve those models. These products enable Data Scientists and Machine Learning teams to understand foundational aspects of user journeys and the listening life cycle in order to build compelling, personalized features. You will work with highly skilled engineers to iterate on the data products and evolve the platform, and communicate with stakeholders and clients around vision and roadmaps. Your work will power models and data-driven decision making across the organization that directly influence personalized experiences for users.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the team to articulate the vision and set the roadmap
- Explore new opportunities and use cases for enriching the analytics/ML ecosystem with knowledge of user journeys and user behavior, toward wide adoption of the platform within Spotify
- Establish relationships with stakeholders to understand and prioritize foundational needs across use cases and short and long term horizons
- React quickly in a fast paced environment and build iteratively
- Work closely with engineers to allow for fast development, evolution, and innovation of core data products and tooling
- Ensure quality of data products, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
Who You Are
- You love data and have a background in data science, advanced analytics, and/or machine learning
- You have at least 1-2 years of product management experience, or have had experience leading a team towards developing analytics solutions with a proven track of record of delivering meaningful business value
- Have experience with analytics programming languages such as SQL, SAS, R, and/or Python preferred
- Have previously worked with engineers to set requirements for data products and/or predictive algorithms
- You possess outstanding critical thinking skills for future-thinking and planning
- Have worked in an Agile environment
- You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support
- You have created and communicated a narrative about the value of data and platforms to unlock business value and transform end user experiences
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.