Summer 2020 Learning & Development InternApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Role Details:The Summer 2020 Learning & Development (L&D) Intern will work within the CBS Interactive Human Resources (HR) team in our San Francisco office. As a member of our team you will gain exposure to a wide range of L&D projects. Your role will provide you with an opportunity to network throughout all departments in the organization, as well as the ability to enhance your HR core competencies, especially in L&D. This internship offers excellent training and mentoring, and is ideal for a student who wishes to explore and/or pursue a career in HR.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with the Talent Acquisition and Operations teams to facilitate seamless employee new hire orientations
- Partner with HR team leads on L&D related projects in various areas
- Promote our internal L&D courses; this can include but is not limited to...
- Creating email copy for company-wide distribution
- Mocking up images/logos for marketing and branding collateral
- Working to gather employee testimonials for mini-video series
- Design course reinforcement microlearning video series
- Co-spearhead the L&D library initiative and course tool repository
- Support our CBSi Events Team in planning company-wide initiatives such as:
- CBSi Cares Day (focused on philanthropic outreach)
- Get Interactive Day (focused on employee health & wellness)
- Other monthly SF-office events
- Coordinate L&D administrative tasks as needed
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned
- Assist with, and participate in, onsite intern events
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week.
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, Psychology or related field
- Strong organizational skills (planning and prioritizing)
- Able to quickly establish rapport at all levels of the organization
- Experience with both MS Office and Google Office suites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in working in HR-oriented and/or L&D-oriented role preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
- Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled